Tuesday, March 23, 2010

I am feeling..............

I am feeling a bit 'lacey'. What does that mean? Well for some darn reason I am looking at a lot of lace patterns for shawls or shawlettes! Oh and do I wear them? Uh NO. But they look so dang pretty and all.

I am currently working on the CITRON shawlett from knitty.com. I am using a skein of malabrigo lace that I got as a gift from my good 'twin'! Not that I am the bad twin either........she is just soooo good to me! I love the simplicity of the pattern and even though it is not a lace pattern purse' it is using a lace weight yarn. So it is a sorta kinda thing. I know photo please.


Ok I have also picked another pattern that seems to be peoples favorite and it is Ishbel by Ysolda Teauge. Very popular pattern. I picked up a funky variegated type yarn at Threadbear Fiber Arts Studio in Lansing along with two others that are plain colors like dark gray and light beige. The light beige has a ton of yardage like 1300 and I thought that if this bug really takes hold........I could always dye it, hand dye it or whatever makes me smile at the time I do something with it! Right?

I also have recently joined a swap on Ravelry in the High Fiber Diet group for swapping seasons and my partner (secret) also likes lace yarns. Yeah might have to go back and get her a prettier color! She like neutrals but likes red, pink, and blue too! hmmmmmmmm Maybe I will get something I can dye. Make it a one of a kind.........yup there we go!!

The sun is shining today, rained yesterday.........glad that's over!

No comments: