Thursday, March 11, 2010

Another Barbie Cake?


Yep sure is! This one I made for Madison's Birthday party that was last Sunday. Her real birthday is on the 10th she turned 4 years old.
I did this one out of butter cream frosting with a Wilton's dye of purple. Little did I know that I didn't have enough purple to get it really dark. So it came out light 'dusty' purple? My photography isn't the best in the world as I used the iPhone camera at night with next to no lighting. Hey must do what we have to do when we have to do it?! Right?
It is Thursday and the day is darn near over! Yippee!! Going to knitting tonight at Whitmore Lake Yarn shop in guess? Whitmore Lake Michigan. LOL! Just finished up a Sophisticated Hoodie pattern by Sally Melville, finishing for a customer. I tried it on and funny thing is she made it just my size!
I had to sew in the zipper down the front, pick up stitches from the inside near zipper tape, knit several rows and bind off, use that for a 'cover' for the zipper tape on the inside of the sweater! Brilliant design there! It looks wonderful and so polished. Then next was the sleeves, under arm/raglan, and side seams.
The weather here is soooo wonderful, talk about spring fever! Why is it when the weather turns nice that I want to make drastic 'nice' changes in my life too?
Monday surgery, outpatient to have Nova Sure or uterine ablation. Here is hoping for NO MORE periods! I am hoping.
More later.

No comments: