Friday, January 9, 2009

Whats new today?

Well...........whats new?

Currently I am working on a second Children's neck down Bolero. This one is for Abygail's 5th Birthday! I can't believe that she will be 5 already! Here is a photo of my progress. I must say........this photo is not the best I forgot my camera at home and this is from my cell phone. But it will do for now.

Oh and its FRIDAY!!!! Ha not like that matters too much. Self employment has so many disadvantages, not as many advantages as people think!

BUT!..........I will get to pick up Baby Reese tonight and have her over night again to watch her all day Saturday! There is a HUGE perk! Nothing like the sweet smell of a baby.
How many of you have an ipod? What type or version do you have? Do you just love it? What do you use if for most?
Well I have had mp3 players forever.......have an ipod mini (1st gen) and it was ok but battery life was not so hot! So I got an el cheapo that takes one AAA battery. Since I work in a shop the days are long. So mainly I used mine for FM and audio books with some knitting pod casts also! The hardest thing about listening to people talk about knitting when you are working is that all you want to do is KNIT!! LOL.
Now comes video...........you can only listen to soooooooo many books! Environment is such that you can't actually read a real book. And after a while your brain gets mighty tired!
OK follow me here? Video...............yep watch movies, watch video pod casts...........this is an awesome idea!! But out of all those players which one do you want? Which one can you afford? And which one will suit your needs best?
After extensive, and I mean exhausting research. I chose the ipod touch. At first I was leaning towards the Ipod Classic vs. Zune..........all has to do with $$$$$. Then somebody talked me into trying the touch. Hey you can get one at Costco with a 90 trial period. If you don't like it or it doesn't suit your needs you can return it! Well so far...........I love it!! The true test will be the nest few weeks when I am out in the shop working.
Why did I have the classic and zune in mind at first? Classic has the best battery life (hours of video) and the zune has wi fi capability! So you can download etc. it also has FM and the classic does not. But the ipod touch has wi fi (good), pretty good battery life for video (better) and you can still listen to music channels with wi fi and a program called Pandora (best). So basically its worth a 90 trial.

1 comment:

knitwych said...

I don't have an iPod, but I recently upgraded my cell phone to the Samsung Juke, which holds 2G of music. I love to knit while listening to recorded books, so I'm looking forward to settling down this weekend with a book I downloaded and a pair of oops-I-ran-out-of-time-before-Xmas socks that I really want to get finished. I haven't downloaded any of the knitting podcasts yet, but I really want to. I'm afraid they'll become yet another addiction for me. ;-)