Sunday, January 25, 2009

Waaaaaaaaaaaay behind

Well its been over a week since my last post. Things have happened............again. That's what life is all about right? Happenings.

Debbie mom of the grand twins lost her job on Tuesday. This is just not good at all. They will do fine. Probably have to give up lease car and walk out on house and mortgages..................but as long as they remain a happy and healthy 'family' that's OK with me.

Finished Abygail's sweater!!! This is good. I will have to take a good photo to post after it dries.......smelled like shop. I just hope that it fits. For some reason this one seems smaller than the one I made for Madison for Christmas. hmmmmmmmmm we will see. I also made a beret, it too might be small. If it is I will just give it to her little sister to grow into.

I made myself a beret also.............yeah right! For some reason I can't make a hat to fit my head! Its way to big. But Tiffany tried it on and decided that she liked it and said that she wants one like it. I was like OHMYGOSH you gotta be kidding?!!! Its yours kid!

I should be casting on the Christening gown for Reese.......but I didn't yet. I got the yarn that I wanted and have the pattern ready, and the changes to the pattern that I want to make by adding lace inserts and patterning. Now I am just trying to decide if I should have a straight hem, picot hem or a fancy one........While my brain works on those thoughts I cast on a pair of cuff down socks for ME. I have some knit picks Felici sock yarn in 'Dakota'. Love the colors! Purple, lime green, sage green, brown and gold stripes. I am doing two at once on two circular needles on size US 1. Have about an inch done and just started this evening.

Last Friday Tiffany highlighted my hair with a cap. Well it really sucks! LOL. So on Saturday she came home early and I used her car to go get my usual hair cut. Short and spiky. Thank goodness too I feel so much better.

Today (Sunday) Hubby and I went to Plymouth to the ice festival. Okay so the whole ice stuff wasn't that great but there were a TON of people there! So people watching was at its best! Then a quick stop at Starbucks. On the way out we ran into a couple that had a Rhodesian Ridgeback male dog. We used to have one his name was Buk. Timbuktu. Anyhow we got to talking and it seems that their dog likes to eat things other than food too! Our dog had to be put to sleep after several surgeries for stopped up intestines. He ate whole one too many socks. Yes, socks whole! Their dog has eaten pens, a jar of wood putty and many other items too! He had to have a surgery also and while in there the Dr. found more non-food items! Sheesh and all this many years later I thought that had I watched him closer maybe it wouldn't have happened. Yeah NO! They said that their dog was sneaky too and they hardly ever have seen him actually eat the non-food items! My mind and heart are a bit more at ease now.......of course it has been about 10 years! I guess I should be over it don'tcha think?

On that note.........probably not over it as my mama lovebird of 17 years just passed away. Of old age I am convinced. She was practically blind from cataracts in both eyes and possibly even a stroke or two. Her name was Chiquita Maria Lolita Consuelo. Her mate was Chi Chi like Rodriguez the golfer.

Okay that should do it for catching up for the day...I have so much more to say. But I really want to knit a bit. Tomorrow at work will just be another long day of podcasts, movies, ebooks and audio books to get through the day. I have a very boring job standing behind an automatic machine that I have to do something to keep my brain stimulated! At some point I will also write about all that too.

But good night for now!

3 comments:

happyknitter114 said...

i'm curious, what type of yarn are you using for the christening gown?

Purl's Page said...

I have purchased Berrocco Comfort in a DK weight. Dk is what the pattern calls for. It is a very simple pattern and I am going to add some lace for interest. Has to be a quick knit at this point the Christening is Feb 15th!!! YIKES

Purl's Page said...

This means that those socks I just started? Well they will be set aside for the next couple of weeks! I have to get that dress cast on tonight!