Sunday, January 11, 2009

Sunday

What a weekend here in Michigan!! More snow. Friday the snow started and we picked up Baby Reese as we were baby sitting on Saturday. Well with all the snow on Saturday...........we got the baby for 2 nights!! She is such a sweetie.

Needless to say I didn't get much done all weekend!! Didn't even knit until today after Reese was picked up. I am hoping to get the bottom edge of the bolero finished tonight!

Tomorrow its back to work. It will be a tough month! I don't think that we will have any baby sitting Saturdays for a while! Have to ship those parts! But I am ready.........well at least I am starting with positive thinking. LOL! I have the new ipod charged and filled with lots of pod casts, an audio book that I would like to finish, a couple video pod casts, a few videos too! Put that battery to a real full day test of use!

I made soup. Its my spin on an Italian Wedding soup. And boy is it good! Ok I will share the recipe here.........and now. Ready? The following is the shopping list and also the order I put things in the pot.

1 Big soup or stock pot
1 large or 32 oz. of chicken stock
64 oz of water (might need a bit more after filling the pot with ingredients)
1/2 package celery hearts washed and sliced
1 package small carrots (sliced)
1/2 large onion chopped
Put pot on medium heat
cut 4 half chicken breasts into cubes add to pot, stir to separate
1 package Jennie O turkey sausage in hot or sweet Italian flavoring. Remove skin, cut in half lengthwise and then cross wise into cubes. Roll each cube into a small meat ball and drop into soup.
Now that you have the majority of the ingredients in the pot you might add a bit more water you want equal parts broth and soup stuff. Salt and Pepper to taste.
Put a lid on turn to LOW heat and simmer for a few hours.
When almost ready to serve, add 1/3 box orzo pasta, stir then add spinach leaves rolled and then sliced into 'ribbons'.
There you have it! When orzo is soft or cooked about 7 minutes serve soup! It is 10 times better the next day too!!!
Enjoy!

I decided to change the look and feel of my blog today. Just wanted a knitting feeling and pretty pink colors. What do you think?

No comments: