Saturday, January 31, 2009

Daze.............

Lets see what has been going on? I am in some kinda pain! Had some back/shoulder stuff on and off for some time but lately..............enough to bring tears and thoughts of Urgent care and pain meds!

So, I went and got xrays. I will find out whats going on I hope on Monday. This is so impeding on my knitting and creative life including a computer keyboard!

Current projects still are the Christening gown, haven't gotten that far really. And had to pull out at least 2 rows...................****NOTE: make sure to count your stitches BEFORE attempting your lace pattern!!! What was I thinking by NOT counting! That is my concentration project so lets just say..........not much concentrating happening in the past few days!

Still progressing slowly on my socks. Oh the socks that might not end up being mine and of course it is a now discontinued colorway of Knit Picks Felici sock yarn!!!!!!!! So I have no idea why ..........Oh wait yes I do. I have made a few pair of socks for me and they are just like one size too big. So I thought that I would cast on 56 stitches............then after several inches it looked well SMALL! I am thinking that at 9 stitches per inch and having a foot circumference of 8" that my best option would have been to cast on the 64 stitches. OH well..............worst case scenario is that these will become a very special gift to one of the two women in my life that have tiny feet!!!

Book review..........I got a couple of new knitting books. One is The essential guide to color knitting techniques by Margaret Radcliffe. This book is just great! So much information! I am not afraid of color...........or maybe I am? I have at least 3 rooms in my house of the past 9 years that still have white paint on them. (holding head in shame of commitment) But when it comes to lining purses, sewing, crafting, knitting..............color just comes to me and I feel it!

This book has a lot of stitch patterns that include more than one color. 150 color patterns. And I feel like I have to try some of them for sure! Stitches and combinations that I would have never thought of. Stuff that can take a nice knitted pattern and pump it up a notch or so with the addition of another color combined! Nice book.

Photos to come........

1 comment:

knitwych said...

Good luck finding out what's causing your shoulder pain. I hope it's nothing serious!