Monday, January 12, 2009

A brief post.........


So, I was just visiting knitwych's blog and she has a photo of her Chihuahua Gomez. So I thought that I would pop up a photo of my Chi named Chico. This February he will be 8 years old.
This nifty harness is his work attire, he wears this so that he can ride in safety and comfort in his own doggy car seat! Its either that or I get to work covered in dog hair! Only took my 7 years to figure that one out!
I thought that Chi's didn't shed much? Mine does and always has. I found that the best way for both of us to bathe him is to use the people bath tub. The kitchen sink and the laundry tub made him feel claustrophobic or something and he would freak out some.
I have yet to make him his own comfy warm winter sweater.........lets just say his outdoor 'aim' isn't too good and he usually ends up peeing on the back of his left front leg and his belly! So anytime you give him a coat or sweater you can bet he will get it wet! What do do? I have yet to figure out how to make a sweater that will stay in place yet that can't get peed on!
Any ideas?
Well that's about it for now, must hit the bank and get back here to run a machine or two and make parts!

2 comments:

knitwych said...

Awwww! Chico is adorable!! :-) I'll have to look at my sweater patterns and see if there is a fix for the pee issue. Gomez is pretty good about hitting the ground - especially in the winter, when he speed-pees because he wants to get back into the house asap.

Purl's Page said...

Thank you! We think he is cute also. Although he does look much whiter in that photo than he is in person. Oh well.
Haaaaaaaaa! Speed peeing! Oh my Chico knows all about that! And we have to shovel a section of lawn/yard also! If the snow is too high, he will walk out onto the porch take a survey and come back in! Thats my cue!