Monday, January 5, 2009

Current projects

Lets see, current projects................

Project finished: 2 stockings for the twins.

Well I am working on the knitting pure and simple neck down bolero for Abygail's birthday. That is February 19. She will be 5 years old. Hard to believe!! I am knitting hers in Plymouth encore color spun worsted number 7515. I only have a few rows done at this time.

I picked up a book at Barnes and Noble with sewing projects in it. One of which is just an inspiration for me as I made the pattern my own making it a different size and also adding a front pocket.

Now I bet you would like to know what book I got? Grandma Dee sent me a gift card for my Birthday and one for hubby and I for Christmas. We like to go and have a coffee and browse books and magazines, of course with me purchasing a few now and then. Ha! You should see my library...............oh my.Finally I have found the book on Amazon. The New Handmade : Simple Sewing for Contemporary Style. Amazon has the feature so that you can take a look at what you are buying online.

If you look at a few of the photos, its all pretty simple. But very inspiring! I made the ipod cover for my ipod but added a front pocket that can hold the cord or earphones. I used a strange vinyl type fabric with some stretch. Just a scrap of an old bit of clothing I cut up and used for something else. I then lined it with flannel because you all know how much you don't want your ipod scratched! Its a vintage flannel that my step mom had in her stash and I know for a fact its over 20 years old. But cute. For my padding or batting I used felt because that's what I had on hand.

The only other project I have been working on is finishing a sweater for a customer. I think that I have another month before she comes back to town. Snow Bird I think.

I try to keep my projects to only a few.........if I get too many going at one time I get overwhelmed! That is why one of my Christmas gifts hasn't been used yet too! I got a Cricut machine and 2 cartridges. I am dying to use it.....but feel that I must get the things that I am behind on finished in order to really enjoy it! I got an extra font cartridge and the paper doll one! That will be so fun to use with the granddaughters! Cut out dolls and let them pick hair, dress etc. fabric or pattern paper to dress them and decorate them in.

No comments: