Monday, January 5, 2009

Christmas knitting

How have all of you done with your Christmas or Holiday knitting? Did you finish? In a round about way...........I did. What I mean by round about is that Rob & Deb wanted stockings for each of them since they are pretty sure that there family is now complete. My goal was to at a minimum make the parents stockings. I was able to get that finished and here are the photos!



The first one was of course dad Robbie's stocking. I tried my hand at some colorwork, cheated some with self patterning yarn too! But the results are awesome!

Second was mom Debbie's stocking. Again some hot pink fair isle snowflakes on black.

And third Miss Abygail's stocking. My thought here was to be able to re-decorate it each year. I purchased some stiffened craft felt and cut shapes for a princess or diva. Star, diamond ring, high heel shoe etc. Just cut a slit for a button hole and ta Da! Next year we can make some new shapes together when they are ready to decorate for Christmas! Cool Huh?

But......yes there is always a but! I had also planned on making each of the bigger girls Abby and Madison a bolero sweater. Now of course that part did not happen! Madison got a sweater (her first from me) and since I knew that I would not have time for another one before Christmas I was able to knit Abby a stocking so that she did get something knitted also. Whew! Yes her stocking is with the photo of the parents stockings........

However.........Look here! I do have a photo of Madison's bolero sweater!! The pattern is from knitting pure and simple called Children's neck down bolero #275 I used a Plymouth encore color spun worsted number 7511. Take a look.





As for the rest of my Christmas knitting, I made Tiffany a pair of fingerless mitts pattern and yarn from knit picks. Pattern called 2-needle fingerless mitts . I used a knit picks yarn but for the life of me I can't remember the name or colorway! And it was purchased 1-2 years ago just for this purpose..................so..................it may be lost forever. Once she opened the box she was so thrilled that I haven't seen them since! So, no photo at this point. The only change to the pattern I made was to knit them two at a time and make the cuff, thumb and finger area a bit longer. At the cuff you can wear them long or cuff them for a shorter mitt. Very quick and easy to make, I might try them again knitting in the round two at a time.

No comments: