Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Gray and Gloomy Tuesday

YUCK! It is so gray out today................hard to motivate, and even harder to not slip into that really sad funk.

Tiff and I finally got all of our Florida arrangements made and will be outta here soon! Well next week anyhow. I am so looking forward to just hanging out.

This Florida trip is going to accomplish two things for me, the first and most important one is to meet up with family and friends of my grandma. Grandma just passed away on March 3rd and I know its a good thing for her as she was very unhappy since her husband passed 2 years ago but you know it's hard for me that she is gone. And on the other hand it will be nice to sit around and soak up some well needed Vitamin D!

I have figured out why I have not been keeping up well with this blog, its all the other stuff like Ravelry and Facebook. Sheesh.

Currently I have more than my usual two knitting projects in the works. I am working on the Christening gown and am very near completion. I have only to finish the front left shoulder and then to pick up and knit a border around the arm holes and neckline and to seam the back skirt. I will then need to find a nice white and silver or just white ribbon to thread through the eyelets on the waist and perhaps at the bottom edge also. I may at that time even hand sew some single clear silver lined beads into the center of each of the snowflake patterns on the skirt (maybe, that depends on timing). I decided to make this sleeveless as we are getting into warmer weather and don't want baby to bake in a knitted gown!

The other project still on the needles and not been worked on..................oh crap you know what?! I have a dreaded 4 projects going right now. Ok don't think about it......this too will pass. I have the blue socks that I have not worked on in a couple weeks, the chevron scarf I pick up as just no brainer knitting and then I am also working to finish up a sweater for a customer who started this sweater some time ago, forgot where she was in the pattern and also did a great job with the knitting but the pattern was not the pattern in the pattern! LOL. So she did make up 2 sleeves, these are not to pattern either but they are finished and will look good with the sweater body that I am finishing up for her.
One of the sleeves is shown at the top of the photo, see how the cable pattern is like every other space (or 12 stitches)? Well as you can see in the bottom portion the pattern was supposed to alternate. Eh so I have 2/3 of a front finished and about 10 hours into it now. It actually goes pretty quickly. I have not decided if I am taking this to Florida or not...................Yeah probably along with the chevron scarf. If I get it finished I have something else to get paid for! Yippee!!
I guess that I had better get that gown finished or darn close before I leave then.......not long after our return should be the christening if the parents get it all together.

Well fun has just begun, material has finally arrived.........will be unloaded and DH will have to get his machines up and running to make a few parts. We have only about 1200 to make to have a complete shipment...........

That's my update for now..................Oh Oh get this one. My daughter is going to be 24 while we are on vacation. She said the other that that she was beginning to feel old. I asked her why. She said that while she was out with her friends at a club over the weekend a few cute guys where hitting on her. She asked them their age.........they were 19. She said that is just way to young for her to date. She feels old huh?
Speaking of feeling old, facebook, finding people that you went to school with. UGH! Now that's old. LOL!

No comments: