Monday, March 9, 2009

Book Review


I have to talk about a new book from Interweave Press!!!! Simple Style by Ann Budd. This book is just too awesome! I think there are only about 2 things in the whole entire book that I don't HAVE to make!

There are '19 innovative to traditional designs with simple knitting techniques' that was right off the cover and I couldn't say it better myself.

Just like all the other Style books by Interweave the directions are very well written and understandable. The photos are very nice. They show the items on the models well and not contorted or hidden parts of the items. It seems there are at least 3 views per project. Totally worth the wait!!

Check it out: Simple Style

My two top favorites in this book are.....................Kimono Classic by Vicki Square, Kaleidoscope Yoke by Katie Himmelberg, Kokopelli Jacket by Margaret Hubert, Organic Cotton Henley by Micki Hair, Stay Put Wrap by Mags Kandis, Offset Raglan by Veronik Avery, and also the Empire Swing Cardigan by Therese Chynoweth.............

Hmmmmmmmm guess that was a few more than 2 huh? I couldn't narrow it down so I guess I just had to list them all!

My new knit list is: Knit Picks Simply Stripes socks, the Christening Gown of my interpretation (if we are still having the baptism before the weather is too warm to wear a knitted gown), I also am going to cast on the Berroco Sox Metallic in 1361 and 1364 that I won from Lime and Violets podcast.Tuesday, February 24, 2009 Episode 81: Right Hand Man Show Notes. I do believe that I will give the Chevron Scarf from Last Minute Knitted Gifts a try. They screamed socks when I got the yarn but now I see scarf.

Oh and while at the Berroco site I saw this top: Pucker I want to make this too! LOL

See what I mean? There isn't enough time to knit everything that I want to knit! Let alone learn to spin, but I could at least knit what I spin right?

1 comment:

knitwych said...

Ooh! Now I gotta go find this book!