Monday, March 9, 2009

Monday

Well today is Monday........and I just looked at the clock and its after 2pm already!! OHMYGOSH! Where has my day gone?

I finally finished my socks, and as predicted they are a tiny pinch tight in circumference. But that's OK because these ones will actually fit in my shoes. A few of my hand knit socks are too bulky to fit without feeling too tight. And the colors are perfect for khaki pants!

This photo is a bit blurry but to get the colors as close to real this is how it came out. But you get the drift.

I did cast on another pair for me already. Instead of the 56 of the last socks I went with the 64 sts. still size one needles, knit 2 at a time cuff down. I will have to do toe up eventually...........but my brain can just go on auto pilot with cuff down as that is the way I learned.

Not only was it Monday it was the day to gather all the stuff for the accountant! You know tax crap! and how much do we have to pay this year!! Ugh!

Last week sucked totally! Monday granddaughter Reese had to go by ambulance to the hospital for RSV. Then on Tuesday my Grandma passed away. Just about a week after her 86th Birthday. She had a pretty good 86 years. I don't think that she would have complained much except for the fact that her dear hubby passed 2 years ago and she hasn't been well or happy since then. I know that she is much happier now. We will all miss her. I miss her.

Have you ever seen the commercial for Liberty Mutual Insurance? I love that commercial, the music is 'nice' and the whole doing something nice and someone else seeing it and passing it on. Awesome!


So now I will prep some photos for this post.
This photo I was going to save but it makes me feel pretty good! I got this spindle beginners kit about 10 years ago. It just wasn't working for me. Then I just picked it up one day a couple months ago and it worked out OK. Then I Andean plied it and was even more happy with it as that seemed to even out the unevenness. I know that this wool is just wool to me. No tag on the garbage bag or anything that it came in as it was part of the gift I got about 10 years ago! I must have kept it pretty safe all that time as there are no bugs either! Yeah I want a wheel!

1 comment:

knitwych said...

So sorry about your grandma! Both of my grandmas have been gone for over a decade now, and I still miss them.

I hope your granddaughter is doing well.

Love the socks! I've knit a couple pairs from that Knit Picks yarn, and I really like it. Come to think of it, I haven't found a KP yarn I don't like.