Friday, March 13, 2009

Chevron Scarf

Hey remember a few weeks back when I won 2 skeins of Berroco Sox Metallic from Lime and Violet? Well..........I decided to go ahead and put them together for the Chevron Scarf from Last Minute Knitted Gifts.I know it's not that far along but it is really pretty isn't it?
Today is Friday.........my whole entire schedule is screwed up and it all started with that time change! I keep getting up in the morning around 4am and want to go to bed at 10pm! Nope, uh uh, no way! I don't go to bed till 11pm and that's final. Oh and if that isn't enough our wonderful customer in Mexico with accounting in Indiana is very late in paying our invoices. The trickle down effect is that now I have an overdrawn bank account and had to borrow money from my DD just in case I need gas in the car or a gallon of milk! Now that just has got to stop. Its like pulling teeth a couple of times a month to get paid on invoices that are well over 60 days. Listen people we have bills to pay and need groceries too! I bet they get their paychecks every week!!
By the time we get paid each time we are so over due on everything that when we pay bills they are due again in a week and how the he** are you going to pay them when they won't bother to pay you again for another many weeks of calling and emailing them daily!!!!
And people wonder why I am so stressed out, tired, and have a don't give a shit attitude. Hrumpfffff!!
There is no consistency and that is what is causing anxiety. The older I get the less flexible. But I guess that is not uncommon right? We get set in our ways and all. Like I am old as the hills. LOL
Time to make something for dinner..............have no idea what I really dislike 'having' to cook dinner. Why is it MY job? I never saw anything in that contract that stated that. I mean I could have a bowl of cereal now and then and call it good! It would be wayyyyyyyyyy cheaper too!
Ok enough babbling................here we go waving the magic wand and making this crap go away! Going to make the food for nourishment and then grab some knitting needles and go to my happy place. :)

2 comments:

knitwych said...

Sorry you're having such a crappy day. I can totally sympathize on the money. I got screwed out of an entire year of work simply because some douche in Atlanta couldn't be bothered to open a frigging envelope! I work as a contractor for the SSA, and we have to put in bids each year. Well, Numbnuts in ATL "lost" my 2008 bid packet (sent late 2007), then refused to open the duplicate I sent in early 2008 - even though the director of the local office called and ordered him to do so. With my 2009 packet, he "forgot" to return my signed contract to me (I have to provide that to the local office before they can schedule me), so I had to call ATL and DEMAND that his assistant search his files. The douche signed the contract on Jan. 13, but just stuck it in a file. On Feb. 27, the local office told me at 2:03 p.m. that I had to have the contract faxed to them by 3:00 in order for me to get on the March schedule for work. Funny how things suddenly get "found" when you inform a government employee that your next call will be to your friend the congressman. Annnnway, last year was just horrible for us financially, and it's going to take me months to catch up on things.

As for your recalcitrant clients, can you change your billing policies so they're nailed with massive fees for being late with payments? Maybe that would encourage them to pay.

BTW, I COMPLETELY LOVE YOUR SCARF!! That is gorgeous! Don't forget to post pix when it's done.

And thank you for your kind comments on my Fun at the Car Rental Place post. :-)

Unknown said...

The berroco yarns look perfect together in the Chevron Scarf, really lovely.