Thursday, October 2, 2008

Well well well..................

Ok so I have totally slumped some on this blog! I did however get the contest finished and the winner chosen and the prize plus small surprise off in the mail! That is all a good thing!!


The weekend before last we went to the Applefest in Fenton Michigan with the kids and grandkids. We really went to eat a chicken dinner on the cheap and take Miss Abygail on the rides at the carnival! I did get a few good photos and she is also sporting her new haircut! In her 4 1/2 years this is the shortest hair she has had and it is so adorable!!



After that we did spend some quality time with the twins.......they are growing! Blake is at 9lbs and Gabby is now 7lbs! But really she is still such a tiny peanut!!




On the needles: As you can see from a previous post I have finished the Two needle baby sweater along with matching hat and some cute socks using the gullwing lace pattern on the calves and a stocking stitch for the foot. I also whipped out the Nicky Epstein book of knitted flowers and added just a touch of embellishment to the whole ensemble as you can see in this photo.

I am currently working on Baby Washcloths to knit by Melissa Oscarsdotter, I will be knitting up 16 and sewing them into an afghan for the new grandbaby coming sooner than expected!! Yes Amanda (the oldest) was due December 20th or so, but she has placenta previa and they have just scheduled the C-section for November 25th!

We had the baby shower last Sunday and that is where I presented the two needle baby sweater ensemble and here is a cute photo of the expecting parents.



Next up for my needles.............I think that I had better make something for the youngest daughter before all the baby stuff takes over. I am thinking of doing the 2 needle fingerless mitts I have the pattern and yarn already purchased from Knit Picks! I will have to review the pattern and probably adapt them to doing two at once in the round on 2 circular needles. I think that I have had the ingredients for almost 2 years. Shame on me! Then I am going back to baby/kid stuff. I think that I will make a sleeper sack for coming granddaughter, and then switch it up to make to sweaters for the 4 1/2 and 2/12 granddaughters, then back to new baby stuff. I hope to squeak in a hat for me and at least start some socks for either me or hubby!

I guess that is all for now, today. Have a few more post ideas to add in the next day or so.


bye all!

No comments: