Thursday, October 30, 2008

ALMOST Friday.........Halloween

Ok, I am averaging only posting once a week now that maybe the 'new' has worn off the blogging..............I still enjoy it and also like the fact that I am keeping some sort of 'history'.

How many of you keep a real hand written journal? I try it at least twice every year and just don't have the time or can't keep it going. Time? Typing is much faster than hand writing and I think that my hand writing stinks! No matter how hard I try to keep it neat it is messy. Is that a reflection on me? Messy? Perhaps at times yes. Messy? More about disorganized. Well, I have my own 'organization', unique to me. Ha! that solves it all.

Ok on to knitting..........
I made a somewhat peeps matching hat of my own design to go along with the sweet peeps baby booties. The booties were already given at the baby shower but the hat will be given with hopefully another pair of booties when the baby is born. That way mom and baby will have 2 pair of booties, one green and one blue with a matching hat of blue and green.

Other knitting............ I made 2 pumpkin hats for the twins! There are a lot of pumpkin hat patterns out there but none for sock or fingering weight yarn. So I made my own pattern combining several bits and parts from patterns I found or had on hand. The results are here:


Then we will also have a photo of the twins wearing the hats as we the grandparents are watching the little ones tomorrow HALLOWEEN while the parents take Abygail out as 'Hannah Montana' trick or treating. Yes I will post a photo of her dressed like that too. Its too cute!

Other projects working on or completed are 3 bags lined for customers. I have a few more to do this weekend as again we the self employed have not enough money in the bank to purchase material to make parts to sell to our customer. Long story..............same chit.

I did however make a short list of things I have to have knitted before Christmas. HA! I am not sure that there are enough days left to get it all done, especially with a new grand baby coming on Nov. 18th or sooner! I am hoping that any days I do not have to be at work I can be with Amanda and the new baby Mackenzie. All these babies! I can't get enough and before you know it they will be toddlers and off to pre school like our Abygail! Who by the way is loving her new pre school, she can now write her name and is learning so much so quickly also getting help with speech which has been one of my biggest worries! Yippee all is going so well.

Ok well now I should knit if i can, I know that there are a few things that he wants me to get busy with out in the shop but I just don't want to get dirty. That is my biggest complaint about working here and in a shop. Dirty, smelly and oily..........Oh and it is soooooooooooo LOUD that I have to wear earphones and mp3 player. Thank goodness for audible.com and pod casts!!!!!

take care all!!! Happy Halloweening!

No comments: