Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Day 2 of Dust Bunny prank

Well so far, I haven't gotten any emails..........no phone calls..............and no comments here to signify that the Dust Bunny has been found and all signs point to me. LOL

Also finally mailed out today was the 'Pitt Slug' to Miss Violet.

I have finished all the Baby washcloth squares to seam together for the blanket. I made 16 squares and 2 of each design not including the sail boat. I used 8 different colors of Cotton Fleece yarn. Started seaming last night am now 3/4 done!

I think that I will pick up and knit a border around the whole blanket similar to the squares blanket found in Natural Knits for Mom and Baby using some of the left over yarns. Then it will be off to the fabric store to find some fabric to put on the back. I am hoping for a flannel white background with polka dots in similar colors to the blocks. Wish me luck.

Ok and now on to the less exciting information! I did it! I went and had my annual exam, you know the one! Pap, Cholesterol and Thyroid check, schedule for the Boob smashin'! and then hopefully...........Nova sure. Which translates to NO MORE PERIOD period. LOL. I am hoping that my new insurance will cover it.........I have yet to make that phone call.........

Next on the list of things to get done, Dentist. Really I would much rather get a PAP than go to the dentist! I know that I need a good cleaning.........and some other work too as I have only 1/2 a molar on my upper right and really the only part that is left is the previous filling part. Yippee and can you say sensitive to hot and cold?!!! But I will get that looked at too.............soon?

More knitting.....I just started a simple roll brimmed hat for a new baby boy. We know his mom through work, she is in purchasing at our customer's down in Chihuahua Mexico. He is only about a week old now so what better time to send him a tiny newborn hat? That is my current carry and go project while I can't do the seaming well in the moving car, nor do I want to carry it with me into the shop (where I work).

Speaking of shops, I work in a manufacturing facility. Actually Hubby and I own and operate it ourselves with just the two of us as employees..........Yes
1. it is very stressful to be in business together working along with your husband or partner all day, go home and be together all night and weekends too.
2. its very stressful to be in the automotive industry doing manufacturing
3. it is very stressful to work for each other and when your customers do not pay on schedule neither of you have any money for bills, food, gas or mortgage. It means NO paychecks.
4. IT IS STRESSFUL WORKING TOGETHER! did I already mention that part?
5. oh yes and it stinks, smells like shop after a while you don't even smell it but you know that wherever you go people smell it and you know its you they smell!

I guess that I had better get some knitting done and quit worrying.............about things I can't change today.

More Later!

No comments: