Sunday, August 31, 2008

Waffle baby blanket finished!!


Well to start off I finished pale yellow waffle baby blanket today!!! Yippee.........now I can allow myself to move on to my next project!

And my next project is....................the baby doll blanket I promised granddaughter Abygail. I think that I will try out a new knitting technique for me. Shadow knitting or illusion knitting. I found a pattern for a heart dishcloth here and am going to modify it into a baby doll blanket. At least that is what I am about to attempt! Doesn't have to be on a grand scale maybe 3 pattern repeats by 3 pattern repeats? Just enough for the baby doll.

I found the pattern at the site mentioned in a previous post. The finished size was 27x27 inches and I used Feza Baby yarn color# 13436 100% acylic (and so soft!) 319 yard per ball and a size US7 or 4.5 mm needle. Yes it is a KA needle and its great!


Please let me know what you think about this baby blanket pattern right down here just click on the comments and leave one :)

2 comments:

JeanTownsend said...

i think your waffle blankie is wonderful and I love it!!

Purl's Page said...

Thanks Jeanie! I am glad you stopped by my blog to say hello!
I am a member of the townies and check out your blog all the time!
Take care!!