Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Grandma had to do it!!!



Hello there!

For the past 4 days I have been working on a baby doll blanket for Granddaughter Abygail. She had asked if Grandma could make a blankie for her babies. And of course I said YES!!

So, this is the blankie. I found a dish cloth pattern online for free from LaurasKnits. I modified the pattern to make it 3 hearts by 3 hearts and still maintaining a border. The finished blanket measures 20" W by 23" T. I think that it is a perfect size for a baby doll!
The first photo shows that the pattern of the hearts is almost invisible, but if you look at it at a slight angle the hearts show light right up! I used just a worsted big box store yarn that I had around so that its completely child friendly! And parent to for washing and drying!

Please leave a comment on what you think!

Thank you for stopping by. Lorrie

No comments: