Sunday, August 24, 2008

Now to add some Knitting!




This is an old sweater made for granddaughter Abygail for Christmas 2007. It still fits! She loves loves loves this sweater out of all the sweaters I have made for her!

It is a pattern from Knitting Pure and Simple and I purchased it as a kit from a site that I don't remember but they wound up these crazy yarns all together just tying them with knots and all you do is just knit away! Knitting Pure and Simple

Neck Down Cardigan #982 done with a crew neck. These patterns are the bomb! I have made 3 or 4 sweaters from this companies patterns!

Next on my list is to make both the 2 1/2 year old Madison and the 4 year old Abygail sweaters from the same pattern shown on the same page #279 for Christmas.

Tell me what you think.


2 comments:

I said...

I love knitting! Im so glad i found your blog--my future mother in law just got me involved with it--i am working on my first quilt-my question is how do you know what colors will work together in the grand scheme of things?

Purl's Page said...

Knitting is so much fun and relaxing, meditative.
You know about colors its all about you and what makes you feel good. Take your basic colors that you love and lay them out on the floor.........then add a few more. As long as they feel good to you it's a go!
There are all kinds of methods like the color wheel and stuff but really for the most part I just go with it.
If you have a really awesome local yarn shop in your area (not a big box dept store) but a local store, just go on in. The owners are happy to assist and make you feel at home. They can give you a lot of pointers and help you balance your colors also!
I hope this helps!