Friday, August 29, 2008

New love in knitting needles..............

I recently attended an open knit at on of my local yarn shops Whitmore Lake Yarn Co., and found a new to me brand of knitting needle!

When I found myself getting back into knitting around 2005, I of course was in love hook, line and sinker with Addi Turbo's!! There was nothing like them on the market before and they helped me and my knitting soar! So of course I have at least one in every size and in most cases at least 2!

Then came the Knit Picks circular needle kits! And shortly after that.......the Harmony Woods! Well other than now stocking up on those knitting was sailing on gracefully!

UNTIL this past week! I found KA Classic Bamboo needles. Ok you are probably thinking "what makes these so great?" Well it is 3 things so far. Price and the revolutionary way the cord or cable that joins the needles swivels!!! Yes swivels! Its so cool, pretty much now no matter what type of material is used to join the needles as long as it swivels the cables can't twist up like the dreaded clovers! Oh and the price is pretty much 1/2 the price of the Addi's. 3rd is that that swivel join is also very smooth!

If you are in Michigan please look up the Whitmore Lake Yarn Co. from the web site and pop in for a coffee and the best sit and knit or class in town!


4 comments:

Mary said...

Hi Lorrie,
Welcome to the blogging world. For a first ever blog, you've done some fancy stuff. I'm impressed. Congratulations on all the wonderful grandkids!

Purl's Page said...

Hi there Mary! Thanks for checking out my blog!
And on the grandkids too! Gotta just love'm up!

Dawn said...

I'm in Australia...but I have to find me some of those needles. Swivel circulars, BRILLIANT.

Cheers Dawn

Purl's Page said...

Hello Dawn down under!
You know that is one place I have to visit.........Australia!
If you need help getting your hands on some of these needles, I could perhaps pick a set up for you and send them in the mail.....Just let me know, I just might happen to know the shop to get them at :)