Thursday, May 7, 2009

Spinninggggggggggggggggggg!

Yippee! I just signed up for a beginners spindle spinning class at the Spinning Loft in Howell! Beth is just awesome and I can't wait to learn from her. Its also a good excuse to buy a new spindle and fiber to spin!!

Right now sitting in Panera Bread in Jackson waiting for parts to be plated. Bored. Usually we are here for approx. 3 hours. Now I always bring knitting and never really pick it up......spend most of the time on the net surfing.

News on the blue sweater.......... IT'S DONE! Whaaaaaaahoooooooooo! Well almost. I just have to wash and block it. I might see how it comes out of the washer and decide on block or dryer dry some then finish block. I would like to take it to knitting tonight to get it dropped off. I should probably take a photo too. It was a longggggg sweater. LOL. After finishing this entry I looked at the clock and lets just say there is no time to wash and block BEFORE knitting tonight. Drats!

I have my next project lined up and its knitting for the Whitmore Lake Yarn Co. working up a scarf pattern for the owner in hopes of moving some inventory yarn. I have to cast on my swatch and count stitches per inch then decide how many to cast on as I want to do the pattern lengthwise. I have six different colors and a few rows of each color.

On my needles, still socks as I haven't touched them. The chevron scarf, may inches done and many to go. Christening gown is waiting for the Christening date still. Supposed to be next Sunday.....better check on that. It needs a button, ribbon and maybe beads. I better get that blocked out tonight too!

When it comes to spinning, I haven't done anymore as I have been finishing the Blue Sweater. I can't wait to pick up the spindle. I do believe that I will wait until Saturday and start with new everything! Spindle, Fiber and hopefully new knowledge too!

Ok, not much else to say.......hmmmmmmm emotionally doing ok. I really believe that there is more or something different I need/have to do with my life and it isn't in auto manufacturing with DH. Hopefully in a few months I will be able to make changes in my life/career and be a happier person. I still want to work in the medical field if I can't pursue my love of all things fiber! Maybe one year of full time school/classes for medical assistant/billing/coding and the rest of the time teaching or working with or for an established fiber company/yarn shop.......something. Thinking.

I am going to pick up my needles and as soon as I do that the phone will ring and we will be off to get our parts and head back to our neck of the woods. Since we have a rental van I think that I will also load up misc. company stuff that is still in my garage and take it to the shop along with just stuff to throw in the dumpster. Need to clean it out to get set up for a garage sale here in the next few weeks.
Still in LOVE with the coffee press! OHMYGOSH that is some gooooooooodddddd coffee!Knitting...........ahhhhhhhhh

No comments: