Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Where have I been?

OHMYGOSH already! Today I decided that I could spend a 20 on a coffee press. I have been wanting to try coffee brewed in one for over a year now. Tried to convince a kid to purchase one as a gift for DH's b-day. She was broke. :(

So while going to the the store for a couple of odds and ends.........there just happened to be one at the Starbucks in Krogers! And ten bucks cheaper than Barnes and Noble and Wholefoods! OHMYGOODNESS finally coffee that tastes as good as it smells! YUMMO!

I also splurged and got a few hairs trimmed. LOL. Oh how I love short hair, well except that you really need to get it cut once a month. But today 'my lady' at the place I have gotten my hair cut for the past oh 6 years or so gave me her number and will cut my hair at her house for 1/2 of what I pay at the shop. YIPPEE!

Oh and I have been spinning...........on a spindle for now..................wait till you see my fourth attempt. You can actually see how I improve my spinning with each bit of fiber! LOOK
This is the first attempt, mystery wool. Spun and then Andean plied.
Above is second round with mystery wool, single spun pretty tiny and even too! I have no clue what I will ever do with it even after plying but hey its cool huh?

Now this one is Corriedale and its got some skinny spots and some spots , I think that it would even out as a heavy fingering. But it's still pretty good, I will use it for sure. It was 2 oz. to start and ended up with 1.8 oz. and 152 yards.

This one is the best so far! Much more even and I love the colors! It's also a mystery wool but is hand painted before spinning. It is one oz. spun about fingering weight and 107 yards.

I would say that I have the spinning bug for sure and this is only spindle! But first I have to finish the customers blue sweater. Called her this week to let her know that we are looking at being finished next week. She is very happy and can't wait to see it.

Ok updated for now and off to shower them itchy hairs from the haircut off! They are driving me nuts!

1 comment:

-S said...

gracious girl. is there anything you can't do???? I mean spinning!!!

I don't know how you do it, but I don't think I would have the patience.