Monday, May 18, 2009

Sunny Monday!

Maybe spring is here? Again? Sun is shining, happy hormones are coursing through the veins and all is well with my world. Except for the fact that I am sitting here at the shop and we are NOT working. If we don't work today it just means that we will have 3 slammin' days ahead and then....................it's a HOLIDAY! Yippee!! Not exactly like it matters much but maybe next week we will be making a trip to Frankenmuth to Zeilinger Wool Co. just for fun. DH wants to see how its all processed, wool that is. It will give me a chance to purchase a pound of wool to play with.

I have finished spinning and plying the practice wool that we got at the beginning spindle spinning class 2 weekends ago from The Spinning Loft. I just mixed them all up, coopworth, merino, tussah silk and BFL. I did end up purchasing 2 spindles while taking the class, and I also received one in the mail for a mothers day gift! How awesome is that?

The top one is a Tabacheck plying spindle, Left is Greensleeves Queens Septre, and the one on the Right is a Kundert. I don't have a total favorite since they are of 3 different sizes and weights they serve a multitude of fibers at this point. I love them all!
Shhhhhhhh don't tell but I have a Bosworth on order too!

This past weekend we got to watch Baby Reese who is growing like a weed! We took her up to see her cousins Abygail, Blake and Gabriella as it was Abygail's dance recital that was sold out. So we went up after for pizza and a visit. The twins are also weeds! Blake is a crawling machine and so happy all the time. Gabriella is the more serious one and she sits back and takes it all in. She is doing the army crawl right now and it will be no time before she is chasing after brother Blake!

Projects in the works currently are the Chevron scarf is still going, I started a project for the Whitmore Lake Yarn Co. (LYS) for a sample to sell a new pattern and some awesome yarn! About 1/3 done with it at this point. Still have that darn Christening gown to finish and hoping that by the middle of June Reese won't be grown out of it!!!! Need to get ribbon and beads and one button to finish it off. Better get off my ass and do it huh?

And spinning..............just still practicing. Then I will have to make something out of all the practice skeins. That will depend on if the wools feels neck soft I will make a scarf for me, or if its no too soft I can make a hat and line it with polar fleece for no itchies! We will see.

He went and turned on the machines..............boo hoo as its now 2pm and we won't get outta here till 5 now. Gotta go change clothes, listen to some more knitting and spinning podcasts and run my machine too. More later!

1 comment:

knitwych said...

Dang it! You keep talking about spinning, and you're going to get me interested in trying it! I've tried drop-spindle, but in a house with cats, this is not a wise thing to do. I was lusting after spinning wheels at a LYS earlier this week. They had one with a red wheel! They shouldn't do this. I love red. A red spinning wheel would be awesome!