Friday, May 29, 2009

Photo update

Helloooooooo world!

I am just popping in to show off some of my spindle spinning finished projects.
This one is from the beginning spindle class from The Spinning Loft in Howell. We were given some Merino, Coopworth, Tussah Silk and BFL to test spin. I just spun them all together, plied them and ended up with about 140 yards of a nice soft fingering weight yarn that would be perfect to add to maybe a scarf.

These photos are of this multi colored Corridale roving I picked up. Just grabbed hunks of colors and spun them. Spin a hunk of color here and grab another hunk of color there. Kept going till it was all gone and I had about 200 yarns of the single.

So then I wanted to get something a bit softer and went back to The Spinning Loft and got some black baby alpaca...........can you say ooooooooooooo ahhhhhhhhhhhh?!
Spun that into a single seen here

Then I rigged up a fake lazy kate, put my toilet paper bobbins on pegs and then just twisted one wrap around a third peg for a tiny bit of even tension and started plying the two together seen here

Now here is the shot of the finished skein. 202 yards of a nice fingering weight yarn. I do believe this would make nice fingerless mitts...........for me?

This is sooooooooo much fun! I just wish that I knew what I was going to do with them all!
And now for the current spinning project. I purchased this online (can't remember vendor info) but it's approx. 3.1 oz of superwash merino and bamboo mix. I really like spinning it. It's a bit more slick that just silk or merino or even baby alpaca but easy enough to spin.

Pretty huh?

Okay back to work, my machine is fixed and ready to rock and roll..............checking itunes for more podcasts..........making sure battery in ipod is charged...........check, check ready!

1 comment:

knitwych said...

Again with the temptation! :-)