Friday, April 10, 2009

Back home

Well we are back home. The weather in Florida was awesome!!! But then we came home to COLD AND SNOW! OHMYGOSH! Talk about a real downer. Really didn't want to come home, but just about had enough Florida too! That whole Naples area is just one big ass shopping area! Everyplace you turn there is another strip mall of stores, just incredible! And traffic, so much traffic.............

DD and I had a great time being together. She also had a very good time going out with the cousins! Put all 3 of them together and watch them let their hair down LOL! Kids.

We also had quality time with family. Dinner at one of Gran's favorite Italian restaurants, memorial service at the 'club' with a super lunch! Very emotional. After we got to stop by the house and just absorb some Gran vibes. All is good.

Got home........spent the first whole day home so very depressed that I couldn't even talk out loud. Ever feel that way? Hubby asked if I wanted to talk about why I was in a blah mood and I just said that I couldn't without crying and I didn't want to cry right then! We were on our way to the bookstore for coffee and relaxation. But them tears have their own mind and just flowed..........no words, still didn't talk, they just spilled over.

DD got a new tattoo, a birthday gift to herself. Also a goodbye to Naples, Gran and just a move forward. Its a Hibiscus in orange and yellow and soooo real looking! Very nice. I did want one also but opted for NOT this time. LOL.

I didn't knit much, a tiny bit on my chevron scarf but I did start a Barbie cardigan! Just finished it last night at knitting. I have to sew on some snaps and buttons but she is already wearing it! I had to try out a free pattern I found online. (don't ask.......I thought that I lost it and was going to re-print it........can't find it now!!) But I did find the one I had printed out in the first place and so was able to make it up. Now that I know how easy it is and it doesn't use much sock yarn and size 2 needle, I think that I can make up a couple to save for Christmas presents!

Off to get Jimmy John's subs for lunch!!

1 comment:

knitwych said...

Welcome home! It sounds like you had a good trip, although an emotional one.

Hope you enjoyed the Jimmy Johns. The #4 is my fave. :-)