Sunday, April 19, 2009

Sunday, time to blog

Hi all! I finally got a good photo of Barbie in her new cardigan! Just made from a tiny ball of sock yarn I picked up in a grab bag in a discount bin at a LYS. I thought of putting snaps inside and buttons on the outside but these beads looked much better. A perfect match! I think that all she needs now is a peach colored pair of knit leggins! I have the yarn and the pattern I will make it from is out of Nicky Epstein's book Knits for Barbie doll

And here is a photo of DD's Hibiscus Tat she got while in Florida. It is very pretty.

Wow, I guess I don't have much to say.......or do I?

The local Detroit News ran an article and in it was the story of one of my step brothers and the title of the article is: Desperate veterans turn to suicide-VA blamed for failing to help Iraq, Afghan veteran

This photo is pretty old 20 years actually. I think the DD was about 4 years old. Shown here with her best bud Randy who is the veteran in the story above.

My knitting news: still working on the blue sweater project to finish for a customer. I would say that I am 1/3 the way finished with the back panel. Once that is done I will only have to seam up all the parts and put on the neckband! Yippee! I hope that she will be not only happy with the work but happy with the price to do it for her too!

I am still plucking away at the chevron scarf.........I guess that I should start measuring it and posting how many inches today! Lemme go measure......................... ok its 29" long today!

The Christening gown is finished, needs blocking, button and ribbon trim.

WEll that's about it for me. I know boring! Nothing much to say yet still took up a lot of space, LOL!

No comments: