Thursday, August 27, 2009

Time again

Looks like it is time again to update my blog! How time flies!
Baby Reese's baptism was wonderful. And her dress looked like it was made for her, ya think?
Her mom had pictures taken and I think I can put one up here to show baby and dress off. ( insert photo here)
On other news, finished and ready to send red blend of superwash merino to my dear friend Alicia. I spun it in a heavy fingering weight yarn that I personally can't wait to hear how it knits up! Now to just add some other goodies to the box so I can ship it to her.
I still have not knit any of my spun yarns, I need just the right project or pattern first.
Oh and let's not even talk about face book!!! Dog gone farm town! It is a terrible obsession of a farming game that like all computer type games sucks up all your time. So I have not knit too much other than a couple baby hats. The most recent is the baby Squash hat from one of the one ball designer knit books that I can't remember the real title of lol! Still have to finish that scarf I can't remember the name of. Dang not doing too good huh with the memory thing that's probably not a good sign.
Most recent books I have read or listened to: Eat, Pray, Love in audio book. Interesting read. Actually I don't know that it would have held my interest if I had to read it in book form. Other readables are mostly blogs on my kindle and Crazy aunt purls drunken divorced and covered in cat hair. Ha!
Washed up the rest of Chinny's challenge fleece from peace fleece. I don't think that it was skirted, lots of vm and other stinky's. But after all the work it is spinning up well and I like it. Actually very white in it's natural color. Washed up a bit of lovely dark Romney just to see it's final color, more yummyness!
I did get my really cool gift box from Alicia, in it was 4 bars of her handmade soap, some chocolate brown fleece all scowered and ready to comb or flick and spin, a skein of malabrigo lace yarn in yellow and oranges that I will get on my needles after I finish the baby hat, a sea shell from the seashore and beach sand from Atlantic beach, keychain to hold my car keys, boy I sure hope that was all. I did take an iPhoto of the goodness and will put that up here later as well.
Still on my list of things to do are to come up with a podcast? Maybe something that I can feature my local yarn shops and spin shop along with my posts on my learning curves in podcasting, blogging, knitting, spinning, weaving and all other hobbies and crafts? At this early stange of the thinking game it just seams that it would flow better spoken as apposed the all this thumb typing updates from iPhone keyboard? I know there will be some editting involved so I might have to give up farming on face book?


-- Post From My iPhone

No comments: