Monday, August 3, 2009

Oh bloggit!

So it's been a while again! Lots of things happening or happened. But it is summer right?

Pretty much had all week off last week! If you want to call it off that is. Depends on how you describe 'off'. I steamed all carpets in the house. Cleaned all floors! Cleaned and organized many rooms in my house. Tiff moved out and I got her old room set up for grandkids room. Week ago Saturday had oldest granddaughter over night for first time ever! We did a few crafts and book store run. Just had fun hanging out!

Then Wednesday evening got youngest granddaughter for both wed and thurs nights! We walked in Ann arbor, did some shopping at kohls and salvation army where I found barbies! Grandma had no barbies! We have like 8 now! Woot!

Cleaned sewing room, some. Just have a few flat surfaces to clean off and then I can do some of the just for fun sewing projects I have been wanting to do!! Fun as in soft toys and dolls for the kids to play with! Like the wacky critters and stuff in some of the books I have gotten at the bookstore I can post the names of the books with photos of finished projects later.

Can't remember if I posted that I bought a new to me old car or not on here. Did on facebook though. 1997 (see I said old) Honda accord with 81k miles. Very clean didn't need any mechanical work at all. I did however get an up to date radio, back windows tinted (for backseat graNdkid taxi purposes) and new speakers this weekeend. Even hubby likes it and has driven it exclaiming how great it drives for being such an older car! And just to be clear I bought it myself with no input from him. He didn't even see it until I brought it home lol!
I have finished spinning most of the superwash merino sock yarn for my seperated at birth twin sister (soul sister) or sister at heart? Not sure how to phrase it really as we have never met in person as yet. But the nets have brought us together non the less. I spun up 283 yards and had to order a bit more to be able to gift 400 yds to knit up some socks.
-- Post From My iPhone

2 comments:

knitwych said...

Congrats on all your cleaning/organizing!

And ZOMG I'm drooling over that yarn! I'm so lucky to have found my long lost sister from another mother!!!!

Purl's Page said...

Well thank you sis! I have just finished up the singles for the last 100 yards or so........just have to ply them all together and then set the twist with all the yarn and send to you soon!