Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Surprise surprise!!!!






This was the biggest surprise of the day for our family! This is our newest grand daughter who will either be named McKenzie Louise or Reece McKenzie..........
She was born at 12:03 on Nov. 4 approx. 6 weeks early. Her scheduled C-section date was Nov. 18. She weighs in at 5 lbs. 8 oz. and we didn't have a length yet. Both mom and baby are doing wonderful!
The photo to the left was taken seconds after delivery and the top 2 are within 2 hours old.
Isn't she precious? She looks just like her half sister Madison who is 3 1/2 years old.
Ok and for my other surprise................THE PIT SLUG HAS BEEN LOCATED!!!! He actually did make it to his new home with Miss Violet! If you listen to the LimenViolet podcast you would have actually heard me mentioned! I bust out laughing with my headphones on listening to the podcast at work and boy did I get some looks! Looks like what the heck is happening to her NOW? LOL.
And for the knitting schedule....................TOTALLY BLOWN NOW!
I had planned for finishing new babies pink booties today. Then on the the sleeper sack (can't remember the name of the pattern right now will fill in later). I will be putting a rush on that now! Still having to finish them booties on the second one now............BUT yes you know there is always a but. I am hooked on making the Sweet Peeps booties! They are just too fun! I was working on number 2 after midnight waiting for both mom and baby.......that was a mistake I have found out. So this morning on the way to work I had to pull out maybe 12 rounds. Instead of 4 purl rows and 4 knit rows in some places I had 5 rows. I am not one to be overly perfect, if it had only been say one section I would have left it but it was in all three knit or purl sections! That adds up to too much height in the foot area.
So I am back on track. Should be out in the shop working but just had to get my thoughts up here to share while fresh in my mind.
Seems that all my best thoughts for blogging are while I am doing something else! So that when I get to actually blog about stuff, it just doesn't come out like I think.
So take care and I will be back!

No comments: