Monday, November 10, 2008

Quick baby update

Hello all!
Just a quick note to fill in some baby blanks.

Baby was named Reese Louise, she was 5lbs. 8oz and 17" long. Shortly after her very stressful birth she did develop pneumonia or what the Dr. thought could be so they started treating her immediately. She has had a very hard time breathing and been on CPAP machine.

Mom was able to hold her for the first time on Friday the 7th and Dad for the first time Sunday the 9th. They have both changed a couple diapers too. Grandpa and I are hoping it will soon be our turn! Yesterday the nurses were going to start to nipple feed her. Mom has been pumping and baby has been fed via ng tube.

I have knitted her a pair of Peeps in pink along with a hat of my design that I will post photos of when I get the hat finished.

Grandpa and I got to baby sit the twin grand kids while mom and dad took Abygail up to see baby Reese and Aunt Amanda. We had such a nice time, the babies are starting to coo and giggle and smile. They are so adorable!

Photos to follow in a bit!
Take care all,
Lorrie

No comments: